Mary Ann's Reflection

1. Why did you choose the concepts you did to create your problem set?

These concepts were the ones I struggled with the most, and had learned them near the beginning of the year, so I had forgotten a lot of different rules and steps. I wanted to get a better understanding with the challenge of having to explain them and at the same time use it as a review.

2. How do these problems provide an overview of your best mathematical understanding of what you have learned so far?

It shows that I can explain these topics clearly now then I ever could. I think all of us struggled a lot with the questions we worked on, and having the ability to explain them correctly shows a lot of improvement within ourselves. In our group we did two questions each, on our own, and if we had any trouble or and questions we would ask each other. At times where I couldn't communicate with my other group members, I tried solving the problems on my own through different resources on the internet and from my past notes. I think that people will see that we are not only capable of understanding it as a student, but understanding it to an extent where we can also teach it.

3. Did you learn anything from this assignment? Was it educationally valuable to you?

I learned a lot from this assignment; the fundamental ideas and concepts within the units and it acted as a sort of review for me since I hadn't worked on some of the units for a long time. Also, the things I didn't know before while I learned the unit, I know now because I tried to explain it to the best of my ability. With explaining, I was able to understand how everything worked step by step.

No comments: